Right Price, Right Promotion, Right Place, Right Time
We are working with a home improvement retailer and garden centre with over 200 stores throughout the UK. Its main business is the sale of supplies and materials, for homeowners and the building trade.
NetTickIT was chosen by this retailer through a tender process as the supplier with the best in market shelf edge label solution to address some significant challenges in their retail operation.
Stores were experiencing high levels of label inaccuracy and non-compliance in store signage execution, there were frequent errors in price and promotional labels with many stores failing internal audits. There were numerous sizes and formats of promotional labels and store teams were struggling to ensure the right price and promotional labels were on the right products at the right time.
There was a significant annual cost of refunding customers for pricing errors and in store assistants were constantly confused over which piece of promotional signage was correct.
We worked with this retailer to scope out a NetTickIT solution for their estate. We worked with teams in Marketing, Store Operations, Commercial Buying and IT to identify the real pain points and challenges in each part of the process that set up product, price and promotional information for in store labels. Using NetTickIT we worked with marketing teams to design new format promotional labels and simplified the number of templates and label sizes used, reducing them by over 40%.
In scoping the project we identified several additional benefits that this retailer will realise as they roll out NetTickIT across their stores
- Reducing manual intervention in signage production by 85% – once a promotion is created a store label is automatically available within NetTickIT
- Improving promotional set up accuracy on shelf edge labels from 25% error rate to less than 1%
- Estimated 50% fewer point of sale sizes and templates, reducing costs of in store signage equipment
- New micro-perforated paper allowed ALL shelf edge labels to be printed from one paper stock
- Simple in store printing so stores only use black ink – 90% cheaper than colour printing!
- Enabling NetTickIT to be accessed on their current Hand Terminals to enable easy price checking
- Implementing single sign on as part of their in-store user interface for NetTickIT
This retailer expects to reduce customer refunds due to incorrect pricing by over £1m within the first year and expect print and paper savings to exceed £400k in the first year alone. NetTickIT has been successfully piloted in stores and is currently being rolled out across the estate.
“Throughout this project we have identified numerous additional benefits in using NetTickIT that will deliver budget savings, process improvements and an improved customer experience. We are expecting NetTickIT to make a significant impact on the bottom line and our customer and colleague experience in store will be improved which has to be good for everyone.”
Head of Customer Experience
|Number of Stores:||200|
- Inaccurate pricing across stores
- Poor compliance of in store labelling for products
- High customer refund costs for pricing errors
- NetTickIT uses latest price data for accurate labels
- Audit function allows store compliance to be reviewed centrally
- Over £1m saving in customer refunds